Smash

NBC moves ‘Smash’ to Saturday; dating show to Tuesday to bolster sagging ratings.

Smash

NBC programming chief Robert Greenblatt had to put his puppy down Wednesday.
The network announced its let’s-make-a-musical drama “Smash” is, as of April 6, moving to Saturdays to run out the rest of this season’s order. “Smash,” starring Katherine McPhee as the Broadway newcomer cast to play Marilyn Monroe in a musical biopic, was a passion project of Greenblatt’s, who first developed it while running things at pay cable network Showtime. He brought it with him when he moved to NBC.

The show started strong when it was launched last season, but faltered as its first season continued. And, despite a show-runner change, and a cast overhaul, the second season failed to rebound, ratings-wise, contributing to a lousy first quarter for the network that finished the fourth in first place among 18-to-49-year-old viewers who are the currency of broadcast TV ad sales. For the season to date, NBC has now slipped to third place in that age bracket, behind CBS and Fox.

Which explains why NBC is putting the pedal to the metal with a heavy dose of reality TV to get it through the end of the TV season in May, according to Wednesday’s announced schedule changes Most noticeably, its new dating competition series “Ready for Love,” which had been scheduled to air Sunday at 8, will instead air Tuesdays at 9, following NBC’s singing competition hit “The Voice,” starting April 9. Eva Longoria exec produces “Love.”

(One week earlier, the season finale of Ryan Murphy’s freshman comedy “The New Normal” airs its season finale after “The Voice.”)

On Sundays, NBC will instead air reruns of its Tuesday and Wednesday episodes of “The Voice,” on March 31 and April 7, leading into “Celebrity Apprentice,” which will expand to two hours as of April 14.

Matthew Perry’s freshman comedy “Go On,” meanwhile, will get to follow “The Office” on Thursday nights for its final two episodes of the season, on April 4 and 11.

Tags:

Read Users' Comments (0)

Proposal

Fil-Am wins in US reality TV dating game show ‘The Bachelor’.

A Filipino-American woman emerged as the winner of the 17th season of the US reality television dating game show “The Bachelor” when she won the heart of the man who was looking for a girlfriend.
An article on Asian Journal said 26-year-old half-Filipina Catherine Ligaya Mejia Giudici accepted the proposal of Sean Lowe, and bested 25 other girls for the way to his heart.Giudici is a graphic designer and blogger from Seattle, Washington.The article noted that she is the daughter of one of the trustees of the Filipino-American National Historical Society in Seattle, Cynthia Mejia-Giudici.

On the other hand, her father, Carey “Trip” Guidici, is a journalist of Scottish and Swiss-Italian descent who was also a former editor-in-chief of Northwest Asia Week.
An estimated 10 million viewers watched Giudici accept Lowe’s proposal before they climbed “atop an elephant under a Thailand sunset” during the “The Bachelor” two-hour season finale on Monday.

“I miss you every time we have to say goodbye. I don’t want to say goodbye anymore,” Texas insurance agent Lowe, 28, said during his proposal to Giudici.He also said he and Giudici plan to have a televised wedding though he said there is still no definite date for their wedding.
“A marriage follows a proposal. We don’t have a date yet but we have decided that it would be cool since our relationship started and cultivated on a TV show we’ll have our wedding on a TV show. ABC will cover the wedding,” Lowe said.
Entertainment site E! Online also came out with some trivia about Giudici in an article, noting that the “The Bachelor” winner is “not creative,” a writer aside from being a graphic designer; vegetarian, and athletic.
The story noted Giudici’s explanation on the claims that she is “not creative.

“Usually when someone claims to be creative, the term loses a bit of its value. I won’t say I am creative because that is for you to judge. But I will say that I like to create,” she said.Giudici also writes a weekly column for Seattleite.com called “Meatless Mondays,” in which she gives recommendations about restaurants that serve good vegan food.

Her being a vegetarian was already noted in the show, but the reason she chose the lifestyle was because of a trip to Kenya in Africa, where she ate “copious amounts of exotic—and not so exotic—meat on a trip to Kenya” that afterwards left her “craving anything and everything without a face.”Lastly, running more than nine miles is apparently no sweat for Giudici, who earlier this month ran the Seattle Hot Chocolate 15K in 1 hour, 36 minutes, and 16 seconds.

Tags:

Read Users' Comments (0)

New man

Elin Nordegren, Tiger Woods’ Ex, Reportedly Dating Billionaire Chris Cline.

Does Elin Nordegren have a new man in her life?

According to Page Six, Tiger Woods’ 33-year-old ex-wife has been dating 53-year-old billionaire Chris Cline since the holidays.
Both Nordegren and Cline — a coal magnate worth a reported $1.2 billion dollars — own homes in a North Palm Beach, Fla. oceanfront community called Seminole Landing.

The reports of Nordegren’s new romance come nearly two months after The National Enquirer claimed that Woods was trying to win back his ex by offering her a $200 million pre-nup. Woods refused to comment on the reports.

In February, the ex-couple was photographed together for the first time in years at a local youth sporting event with their two young children.

Nordegren and Woods — who were married for nearly six years — divorced in August 2010 in the wake of the golfer’s heavily publicized cheating scandal.

Cline, a father of four, has been married twice before. His first wife, Sabrina, died of breast cancer in 1987. He divorced his second wife, Kelly, in 2000.

Tags:

Read Users' Comments (0)

Page 1 of 212