Virginity

Dating Site Claims Chicago Women Think 20 Is the Best Age to Lose Virginity.

Virginity

One dating site claims Chicago women think age 20 is the sweet spot for losing one’s virginity.
A “virginity survey” was conducted of female members nationwide to find out what the “ideal” age is to have sex for the first time, “sugar daddy” dating site SeekingArrangement.com said Wednesday.

Out of the 6,148 Chicago members who responded, 42 percent said 20 is the ideal age for sex, according to SeekingArrangement. That’s above the national average of 17.4, according to the Kinsey Institute.
But it’s in line with the responses the site received in other large cities, SeekingArrangement spokesman Leroy Velasquez said. Cities such as Pittsburgh, Tampa, Baltimore, Sacramento and others said holding out until age 20 or thereabouts is ideal.

The number one reason to abstain? Turns out, about 74 percent of Chicago women who responded said the multitude of options offered by online dating, social networking and the like have helped make them more selective in finding “the one,” according to the sugar daddy site.

“Waiting until marriage” was the second most popular reason for responders, according to the survey, with 18 percent. “Personal beliefs (religion),” came next with 6 percent, then Upbringing (culture) at 1 percent and “Other” with less than 1 percent, according to the site.

The site also claims that one of nine Chicago women who responded are still virgins, similar to responses the site received in other cities, Velasquez said.
There’s no word what Chicago men think. They weren’t given the “virginity survey,” Velasquez said.SeekingArrangement bills itself as the “premier sugar daddy dating website.”

Tags:

Read Users' Comments (0)

Substantive dating relationship

The ruling said Massachusetts courts can determine whether a couple is in a substantive dating relationship by considering the nature, frequency and length of their communications and if either person has ended the relationship.

“Clearly the court took the case … on its own initiative because, I think, they wanted to address this issue of electronic dating and whether, under the statute, electronic communication could form the basis of a substantive dating relationship — which is one of the basis under the statute which gives the court the authority to issue an abuse order,” said lawyer Mark Engel, who represented Compton in the lower court.

Robert Peck, an attorney for the girl’s father, said in a telephone interview from Salem that the decision recognizes that more people are using various forms of social media to communicate and establish relationships in real time.

What the Supreme Judicial Court “has done is to bring the reality of today into clear focus” for applications under domestic abuse laws to relationships formed by previously nontraditional means such as the Internet, Skype, Facebook, and instant messaging, Peck said.

The girl’s parents discovered the communication and her father secured the restraining order, which was served to Compton after he arrived at an inn near the family home in November.

The Supreme Judicial Court ruled that the man’s conduct did not rise to the level of abuse because he did not harm or try to harm her physically, and did not cause the girl to engage in a sexual relationship by force, threat or duress. Those standards are set under a state’s domestic abuse law that enables adults, children and others living in a home to secure a restraining order directing someone to refrain from abuse or contact.

The court also found that the teen was capable of agreeing to sex because she is older than the state consent age of 16.

“The defendant’s passing references in his electronic communications with the daughter implying that he might furnish her with alcohol, while understandably reprehensible to the father, is not evidence suggesting physical abuse or evidence that the defendant planned to give alcohol to her in order to have involuntary sexual relations with her, certainly a form of physical abuse,” the court said. “We conclude that this conduct does not meet the definition of ‘abuse'” under the state domestic abuse law.

Tags:

Read Users' Comments (0)

New reality

Ready For Love NBC Dating Show Stars Miami Bachelor Ernesto Arguello.

One of Miami’s most eligible bachelors will be reppin’ our fine city this winter on a new reality TV series. Ready for Love is NBC’s latest spin on the art of arranged on-screen romance, in which three seasoned matchmakers will try to help three lonely bachelors find a soulmate, all under the watchful eye of primetime audiences and Facebook addicts.
Yes, another romance reality show. But this one might actually be promising, if you’re into that sort of thing. Let us tell you all about our guy. Because it’s good.
Ernesto Arguello is a 33-year-old philanthropist, or, as all of Ready for Love’s promo materials have specified, “an entrepreneur with a social vision.” He is the son of Cuban and Nicaraguan refugees and spent his childhood living in Honduras, during which period he says he first took note of the inequality and unsafe living conditions for so many in the world. He studied engineering and architecture at the University of Miami and has been here ever since, building a successful career which eventually moved into philanthropy. Among other things, he helped establish an organization that provides safe housing for people in underdeveloped countries in Latin America.”I grew up with the mentality of leaving this world a better place than I found it,” he says in the video above. “Giving back to these communities is far more rewarding than any amount of money or any material possessions I could ever have.”
To top it off, of course, Ernesto is devastatingly handsome. However, he is also devastatingly single. Enter NBC and Eva Longoria, who happens to be the Ready for Love’s executive producer.
Along with two other bachelors (Ben from Dallas and Tim from Santa Barbara), Ernesto will leave his fate up to Longoria and three professional matchmakers, who will each hand-select a group of women to vie for one man’s heart. In an interesting spin, the matchmakers culled their female picks from applications submitted on Facebook. Up until May 18, women could nominate themselves or a friend for a spot on the show via an app on Ready for Love’s Facebook page (sorry ladies, we know it’s too late to sign up now…next time).
Facebook will be used throughout the airing of the show as well, as an extra-interactive feature “immersing viewers in 24-hour storytelling through the Facebook Pages for Longoria, the eligible guys, the matchmakers, and the women looking for love,” according to NBC.
To us, this seems like the most realistic thing a “reality” show has done to date, considering we already conduct the majority of our social business on Facebook anyways. Stay tuned for Ernesto updates before the show premieres this winter.

Tags:

Read Users' Comments (0)

Page 1 of 212