Season

Jenna-Louise Coleman Will Stay On For ‘Doctor Who’ Season 8.

Season

Coleman confirms that Clara Oswin Oswald isn’t going away anytime soon.
Given that Clara Oswin Oswald has already died twice on “Doctor Who,” no one can guarantee that her third incarnation won’t meet a similar fate. But that doesn’t mean that Clara’s portrayer, Jenna-Louise Coleman won’t be around for this season and beyond.

During an interview with BBC Radio 5 (via Radio Times) Coleman noted that “I can say I will be in season eight.” Coleman also said that production of “Doctor Who” Season 8 won’t even begin until September, because her co-star, Matt Smith will be away filming How To Catch A Monster, the directorial debut of Ryan Gosling.

“Doctor Who” producer Marcus Wilson sat in on the interview with Coleman and dropped a few teasers for the new season: “It’s an epic series – [Steven Moffat has] raised the bar again. It’s full of huge variety. We get to see some old friends, some old aliens, but running through is the delicious mystery of the impossible girl who is Clara Oswald.”

For her part, Coleman added that the Doctor and Clara’s relationship will “not [be] as straightforward as them being great friends who go on this adventure – there’s so much subtext of them both trying to figure each other out. I have the idea they’re magnetically drawn to each other.”

“Doctor Who” Season 7 will resume on Saturday, March 30 on BBC America and BBC One.

Tags:

Read Users' Comments (0)

New man

Elin Nordegren, Tiger Woods’ Ex, Reportedly Dating Billionaire Chris Cline.

Does Elin Nordegren have a new man in her life?

According to Page Six, Tiger Woods’ 33-year-old ex-wife has been dating 53-year-old billionaire Chris Cline since the holidays.
Both Nordegren and Cline — a coal magnate worth a reported $1.2 billion dollars — own homes in a North Palm Beach, Fla. oceanfront community called Seminole Landing.

The reports of Nordegren’s new romance come nearly two months after The National Enquirer claimed that Woods was trying to win back his ex by offering her a $200 million pre-nup. Woods refused to comment on the reports.

In February, the ex-couple was photographed together for the first time in years at a local youth sporting event with their two young children.

Nordegren and Woods — who were married for nearly six years — divorced in August 2010 in the wake of the golfer’s heavily publicized cheating scandal.

Cline, a father of four, has been married twice before. His first wife, Sabrina, died of breast cancer in 1987. He divorced his second wife, Kelly, in 2000.

Tags:

Read Users' Comments (0)

New

Fashion store chain Esprit pins hopes on new CEO.
Fashion retailer Esprit, which recently said it had “lost its soul” as it lost customers to rivals such as H&M and Zara, has hired a former Zara manager to turn its fortunes around.
Jose Manuel Martinez, a 42-year-old Spaniard and former manager of Inditex, the world’s leading fashion retailer which owns the Zara brand, is to take over as Esprit’s new chief executive replacing Ronald van der Vis who quit in June.
The announcement sent Esprit shares, which are listed on the Hong Kong stock exchange, soaring by as much as 28 percent.
But analysts warned investors against pinning their hopes too high.
“The appointment is positive, but it’s still only a first step,” said Deutsche Bank analyst Anne Ling.
And her colleagues at Bank of America-Merrill Lynch predicted that Martinez has a “long and bumpy road” ahead of him.
Esprit is, indeed, not doing well.
Last year, its operating profit shrank to just 70 million euros ($86 million) from close to 400 million euros a year earlier, owing to the cost of a 1.7-billion-euro restructuring programme which will weigh on profits again this year and next year.
At the same time, rivals Zara and H&M are continuing to grow.
On its website, Esprit boasts it is “an international youthful lifestyle brand offering smart, affordable luxury and bringing newness and style to life.”
It operates more than 800 directly managed retail stores in more than 40 countries worldwide.
But outgoing CEO Ronald Van der Vis complained that the group has “gradually lost its soul in recent years.”
In its drive to expand internationally, the “brand’s heritage has been neglected and customers were no longer the centre of attention,” he said.
Esprit is indeed a long way from its beginnings in 1968 when its founders, hippies Douglas and Susie Tompkins — who also set up the North Face brand — sold their clothes from a VW camper van in California.
But the Tompkins left long ago. And Esprit has been listed on the Hong Kong stock exchange since 1993, with its dual headquarters in Ratingen near Duesseldorf in Germany and in Hong Kong.
Sales have been in decline since mid-2008, with its fashion collections failing to capture customers’ imagination.
The departure of its main designer, the Korean-American Melody Harris-Jensbach, in January 2008 has not helped.
Ronald Van der Vis tried to pull the group around by launching a worldwide restructuring last year, including the closure of more than 170 unprofitable stores, notably in North America, Spain, Sweden and Denmark.
At the same time, Esprit is focussing its energies on its main European markets where it plans to open 185 new stores in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France and the Benelux countries by 2015.It is looking to rejuvenate its image with new concept stores.
Another part of its offensive will be China, its second national market after Germany, where the number of sales outlets will be increased to 1,900 by 2015 from around 1,000 at present.Finally, Martinez is hoping to recapture some of Esprit’s “soul” with the return of designer Melody Harris-Jensbach.

Tags:

Read Users' Comments (0)

Page 1 of 212